Monday, November 14, 2005

It all began on a cold winters night...

This is the first day of my Marathon training!! Now, we are looking at a seriously long term plan here, let's not deny it! I've broken it down into achievable goals, starting with tying my own shoe laces (done) and moving onto getting out into the cold winter evening... (almost done).

Seriously though, I have just committed to running a 10K mini-mini marathon in Dublin next year (April 10th I think), and looking forward I plan to participate in the Great North Run in Newcastle next October, that's 20K, significantly more that I can walk right now, luckily I have almost a year to prepare, unluckily I tend to procrastinate and will probably start training the night before. I may need help!Here's my plan: I've got a 10K circuit around my town that I both walk and jog, initially jogging was literally painful, but it's getting better, slowly but surely...

I'm up to jogging 5K and walking 5K, that's about 1hr 15 to complete, my target is 50mins, that may be a little optimistic but I do have until April next year.'Till next time!

No comments: