Tuesday, February 19, 2008

"Hey, where's Lois, Superman?"

...a bum shouted as he caught sight of my bright blue Superman t-shirt while walking through what turned out to be a pretty dodgy part of downtown San Francisco. In that city dodgy can mean all kinds of things; fortunately they're usually friendly, laid back, a little odd but in a good way. I had a plan to run across the Golden Gate bridge but a quick look at the map threw up a proximity issue... our hotel was miles away.

My training did lapse somewhat but I did make fairly good use of the hotel gym; well, I was wide awake at 5.30am every morning which was far too early for Lori's full American breakfast, enough to feed the S-man himself, which explains why everything fits a little more snugly now that I'm back.

The most I could manage on the treadmill was a pretty rubbish 3 miles, but as Joe pointed out if you keep going you find a whole lot more just when you thought you were spent; tell that to my credit card people!

No comments: