Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ambitious cycle...

It's been a little over a week of no running and I'm feeling very fidgety. So myself & Joe decided to dust off the push bikes and head out for a long cycle. I got my new Garmin 405 watch this week and am dying to give it a go. As we live in neighbouring towns we met half way and decided to head north and, snaking around country lanes, we'd edge easterly towards the canal and back towards Naas.

It may seem obvious now but cycling uses a whole different set of muscles to running. After 5 miles I was aching in places I'd never felt before. After mile 8 I couldn't help asking the question: what sadist designed bicycle saddles? What was s/he thinking?

According to my new toy we cycled a total of 18.76 miles, exactly. And the knees; they were OK but during the last 5 miles I could feel them but nothing serious.

No comments: