Sunday, December 14, 2008

Jingle Bells 5K

This was to be the last race of 2008 and a fantastic race for a great cause. Unfortunately I had a lot of work to do the night before which rendered me pretty useless the next morning. You see I was part of the committee chosen for our know expertise in the type of work. The task was to select the wine for our Christmas party. This gruelling exercise involved tasting a wide variety of wines, some excellent wines as it turned out. Although I knew that there may be a possibility of missing out on the race the next day I do take my job very seriously and forged ahead regardless. Not only was I hung over the next morning but I was also geographically challenged by waking up some 60 miles from the start line. I really had no chance of getting there...

No comments: