Thursday, October 15, 2009

Is it that the time already??

I've been going for my pre-marathon long run for quite some time now but somehow circumstances have have prevented me from getting on with it. The fact that these circumstances are entirely within my control is... well, OK... I know, no excuse! With the marathon in less than 2 weeks... time is running out and I really should be tapering off not thinking about running 20 miles. The longest I have run for this marathon is 13.1 miles (GNR and Dublin 1/2 marathon) and while I have been running faster than ever this year I do feel that I need the time on my legs that a long run will give me. However, I have no more time as running such a long distance so close to the race would be counterproductive.

So, no more thoughts of long runs! I'm off to Lanzarote next week for a weeks vacation and will bring my trainers for 4 short runs. Hopefully the marathon will be yet another faster than expected race in 2009, joining my brand new personal bests in the 5K, 5 mile, 10K, and 1/2 marathon distances... not forgetting the oddly measured (but possibly my favourite) 9.2K forest run in Boitsfort, outside Brussels.

No comments: