Sunday, October 04, 2009

Rathfarnham 5K

My best 5K to date is 25:03 (Malahide) and I really wanted to beat that today. The course was perfect for a fast run and the weather couldn't be better. I was running with Seamus who wanted to run it in less than 20 minutes and I thought that if I kept up with him for part of the race I'd have a good chance of beating my own PB. As it turned out the only time we spent together was at the start line because as soon as the starting gun fired he was gone. I ran the first mile very quickly, possibly too quickly as I felt tired for the remaining 2 miles but the previous evening in Harrigan's drinking Eridinger may have added to my wows.

I finished in a good time, 24:43 which is a new PB. I met Seamus later and he ran it in a blistering 19.10! I wonder if I'll ever be able to run that fast? The way things are going perhaps I will!!

Here's the race as I ran it: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/15622401

No comments: