Saturday, September 26, 2009

Dublin City Half Marathon

This was the 3rd race in the Dublin marathon series. It's been less than a week since the Great North run in Newcastle where I had tried to beat the 2 hour barrier for a half marathon but failed. I was going to give this race everything and try to beat 2 hours again.

I started off as I intended to finish with a brisk but reasonable pace of 9 minute miles, consistency being the key to long distance running. I felt really good from start to finish and kept an eye on my pace to make sure I was sticking to it. It paid off and I finished in 1.58, that a shiny new PB!!

Finally I have broken the 2 hour barrier... next challenge will be the 4 hour marathon barrier, that's looking more like a possibility with every race!

Here's my race: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/14823331

1 comment:

zbsports said...

Your report is very nice, thanks for sharing your race too. Nice run there!!!