Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Midweek Run #2

All day yesterday my feet felt a little uncomfortable and when I got home last night I realised that I had several blisters as a result of that morning's run. I was wearing the same trainers that I used for Gael Force 6 and I was fine then so I guess something had changed between then and now, perhaps they had shrunk or lost some flexibility as a result of the thorough soaking in sea, bog and river water during that event. They were only little blisters but perfectly positioned for maximum discomfort... bless them.

This morning I was up early and eager to get a long run in but had to consider the risk of exacerbating my blister condition! Risk considered and I was off, running a total of 8.59 miles in 1 hour 22, that's a pace of 9:28 min/miles or 6.33mph and a lot slower than yesterday!

My poor little tootsies were feeling the pain and I think the best thing to do is rest until the race on Sunday to give them a fighting chance of recovery and hopefully beat the 2 hour barrier this time!!

No comments: