Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Midweek Run #1

This should have been a 5 miler but as I have been seriously slacking recently I upped (real word, honest) it to a little over 7 miles. Like all of my best decisions it wasn't a conscious one... I had a bit of a Forrest Gump moment and just kept going. Just before setting off I did have the impending Great North Run in mind and set my trusty Garmin virtual partner to 6.55 mph, at that speed I'd finish the GNR in 2 hours.

This morning I ran the 7.32 miles in 1:03:12, that's a thoroughly respectable pace of 8:38 min/miles or 6.95 mph. According to the ever optimistic fetcheveryone predictor thingy that pace would see me run the GNR in 1:57:07 and a full marathon in 4:04:12... I don't think so!

On tomorrow's list is an 8 mile race pace run but considering how little I've been doing recently I'll try to push that out to 10, maybe more.

No comments: