Monday, April 30, 2007

...amazing what you find when you look!!

Having utilised the measurement tool from map24.com, it turns out that my earlier distances were a little... emmm... optimistic. What I thought was 3K was in fact 2.7K, not a huge difference so I'm not beating myself up about it.

Tonight was a long run... 4.24 miles or almost 8K. I was REALLY tired after 6K and sooooo wanted to stop but I had to stick to the plan. It's amazing what you can find when you really want to go a little further. My time was 42mins. My pace was a little slower than previous, shorter runs but I'm really working on distance right now; time can wait a little longer!!

My mate Kerry wondered if I got an email invitation to the 2008 London Marathon from fetcheveryone.com... I didn't get one!! I reckon she's on a special list... whereas I'm just listed as special...

Day off tomorrow... then running on Wed, Thurs and Fri . Off on Saturday and a big run on Sunday!! Only 67 days to the Achill 1/2 Marathon!! Yikes!

I wonder when I will feel less like a waddling walrus and more like a sprinting athlete... I'm still getting sympathy looks from passers by! You know that type... "Ah.. bless, keep going, you'll get there..."

No comments: