Sunday, May 20, 2007

"Good things come to those who wait"...

...is relevant in most cases but not here I'm afraid. Familiar story... missed a day here and there, & there and here, unfortunately they were in series adding up to 4 days sans running. But I did get out this morning (very early) and managed 5.79K in 00:36:43, not completely rubbish but I'm getting there.

I've planned a recovery week ahead: Slow running all week; 6.5K Monday, then 3K Tuesday, 6.5K Wednesday, and finally 6.5 K Thursday. Cycle Friday, rest on Saturday and then a 5K race on Sunday. If I can do the 5K race in under 30mins I'll be happy, really happy!!

I did pass the same pensioner twice during my run, overtook would be more accurate... he over took me would be even more accurate. I have convinced myself that he was running a totally different route; a much shorter, less hilly route and he probably used his bus pass to cheat.

No comments: