Sunday, May 18, 2008

Dublin 5 Mile Classic

One hates to blow one's own trumpet but when you've got one as shiny mine you've got to do it! I am talking of course about a shiny new PB. Today we had the Dublin 5 mile classic and I really wanted to push it as hard as I could.

The first mile was fine, I felt really good and was keeping a steady pace. During the second mile I started to feel tired, my legs felt heavy and my breathing was all over the place but it didn't last for very long; I kept telling myself it's only 5 miles and I should be well able to get through this without slowing. Mile 3 was uphill; a steep incline to begin and then a slight but steady incline for about a 1/2 mile. By mile 4 I was genuinely tired and digging deep to keep going at this pace. The final mile was tough, I definitely slowed a little but the spectators and organisers kept me going as fast as I could.

I crossed the line in 41:05, that's an awesome pace of 08:13; my best ever!

1 comment:

monica said...

whohoo!! you beat me there :-) my pb for 5m is 42:12...so...who's a proper runner now????!!!