Saturday, May 03, 2008

Oh!! That hurt...

After a weeks rest the weekend 14 mile run had finally come around. I was looking forward to it, I hadn't ran all week and was starting to feel a little still and unfit. I decided not to run with my insoles; the may solve the knee problem but they do agitate my healing blisters, as my top priority was to get those healed I thought I'd get away with a little knee pain.

The first 5.5 miles went really well, I stopped for a little water and a carb loaded gel. The next 2 miles were pretty good but I did feel a little twinge in my knee. The next mile saw the twinge become a little more sinister as the pain level soared and I knew I was in trouble. A quick phone call and biofreeze, my insoles and a friendly face were on the way. By mile 9.5 the cavalry had arrived... I stopped, turned and approached the car. Somewhere during that simple maneuver I twisted my knee and the pain shot through my body. I tried to shake it off, stretch and even pray but no, the damage has been done... this run was over.

I was bitterly disappointed that I hadn't reached 14 miles but on the bright side I did make it to 9.5 miles.

I'm not sure what to do this week, should I rest again and tackle the 20 mile run next weekend injury free?

2 comments:

monica said...

oh dear!!!! how are you now??

Andrew said...

Scarred but determined!!