Friday, March 06, 2009

Week 6: Friday 8 miler

OK, spot of bother this weekend. On the schedule we've got to run a 12 miler but we've got a 10K (or 6.2 mile) race on Sunday in Belfast. I've been looking forward to this race and really want to do it, but what about the 12 miler? The easy option is to run 6 miles tonight or Saturday and when we add the 6 mile race on Sunday we'll have made up the distance (with a significant break in between runs, not ideal for distance training). The hard option would be to run the full 12 miles in addition to the race. I'm not one for extremes so we decided to compromise and run 8 miles tonight giving us a little break before the race on Sunday.

It was a tough 8 miles, running long distance in the evening is always hard. I much prefer to run early in the morning when my body is less likely to complain and my head is not at all sure where it is or what it's doing.

No comments: