Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Week 10: Second midweek run... 7 miler

I have finally got my act together! Early, very early, this morning I got out of bed determined to make up for lost time. It was chilly outside, a little mist hung in the sky but it was dry, perfect for running. The sun had been up for a little while and had started to thin that early morning mist. I sat on the doorstep lacing up my shoes while my Garmin fixed a signal, as soon as it had I was off.

It was a beautiful morning and after the usual aches during the first couple of miles I settled into the run and began to enjoy it. I decided to take a different route to the Curragh which added a little more distance and once there I took a new route for a change of scenery and ran south towards the military graveyard and, as I soon found out, what looked like a training ground the tanks.

After that excursion I headed back towards familiar territory having clocked up an extra mile. By the time I got home I had ran 8.54 miles in 1 hour 22 minutes (and 53 seconds, it all counts), that's a respectable 9:42 minute miles.

I feel like I'm back on track, and not before time... the Cork marathon is only 7 weeks away!

No comments: