Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Banking crisis me arse...

... didn't happen, the weather was terrible, you know... wind, rain, cold, outside... OK, rubbish excuse BUT I did have a revelation today which, although it doesn't make up for being a lazy git, it did make me wonder if there may be some weight in the well know phrase "money is the root of all evil". You see I picked up a rather unusual injury recently which left me with an occasional hobble. Let me explain...

About 3 weeks ago I noticed that every time I got out of a chair I felt a dull pain on my left side, in the hip department... just below the hip to be more exact... and to the rear... I guess what I'm trying to say is that I had a pain in my left arse cheek. The pain was so bad that when I tried to walk I had a limp, but only for a short while and the pain usually eased off after a minute or so. I put it down to a running injury although I couldn't figure out how I injured myself there... perhaps a stretch too far?

This went on all week and showed no sign of easing. On week two there was still no sign of improvement and I considered seeing a physio but that's just more money on an already stretched budget. I took out my wallet and apart from a bunch of receipts and coffee shop loyalty cards it was fiscally challenged BUT something did occur to me... with my wallet out of my rear pocket I felt a little more comfortable, and yes I do carry my wallet on my left side. Could this be the root of my problem?

To confirm my suspicion I began a controlled experiment; for the rest of the week I'd carry my wallet in one of my front pockets and when at my desk I'd leave it on the desk. The experiment was a success and it proved that once again money was just a pain in the arse!

No comments: