Sunday, November 15, 2009

Perfect end to a rubbish week of running...

After last weekend's 10K race I felt sure I would honour my commitment of sticking to the weekday program of 3-5-3 runs but as we've seen so many times before I wormed out of every one convincing myself that I'd make it up tomorrow. Well Saturday arrived with 3 miler on the calendar, quickly followed by Sunday with a 9 miler in it's box but today I managed to get my act together and get out! I planned on doing the 9 miler but it was such a beautiful day on the Curragh and I was feeling so good that I added the yesterday's missing 3 miles and ran 12 miles. It was a slow run of 2:09:55, that's an average pace of 10:50 minutes per mile, but it was more about time on my feet than speed.

Now... starting this week I am totally committed to sticking to the plan: weekday short-medium-short and weekend medium-long runs, that's 5 runs a week... seriously I'm going to stick to it!!

No comments: