Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Swimming lesson #11

OK, I think we're getting there... slight overall improvement this week and I'm finally getting this breathing lark! Towards the end of the lesson we had a chance to dive into the deep end, swim towards the shallow end and front crawl to the other end of the pool... that was FUN!

I keep thinking about the 1500m swim if I participate in the Dublin triathlon next year. So far my record is 20m, that's 1480m to go...

Last week next week and the courses will not resume until September, we may have to look at private tuition for the rest of the summer... 1480m and all that!


Tonight's takeaways:
  • When diving tuck your head between your arms and enter the water hands first, not all at once 'cos that really hurts...
  • 1/2 a lung full of water

No comments: