Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Sniffless... for now

I feel rotten today, I've haven't quite got the sniffles but there's a cold dying to break through given half a chance. I've stocked up on vitamins and various anti-flu remedies in the hope of keeping it at bay.

I reckon my body knows that the GNR is coming up and is having its revenge for last weekends 20 miler that I forced it to run. I heard it complaining but I ignored it... it was like a whimpering puppy locked outside on a cold winters night, scraping at the back door with it's little paw!

I missed my 5 miler last night, but I might make it to the gym tonight for a dreaded treadmill session, best keep out of the cold!

4 comments:

monica said...

oops - I forgot that you'll be on the telly on sunday!!! never mind

GOOD LUCK!!

I'll try to spot you :)

Andrew said...

I'll be wearing my Dublin Marathon "Winner" t-shirt, there's only 50,000 runners so I'll be easy to spot!

Andrew said...

Oh, are you doing the Donadea Forest 10k next Saturday? See http://www.activeeurope.com/Events/?ac=eventdetails&e=61273.

See you there if you are.

monica said...

I'm suuuuuuuuure I'll be able to spot you. if you wear a silly costume you'll be interviewed :)

I'm going to see my parents in italy next weekend and I'll be doing a 20 miler over there: flat course with my dad on his bike with lots of nice things to eat and drink in the basket :)