Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Munchies

Just back from a pre-lunchtime run with my mate Joe: 3.59 miles in 33 mins; a respectable pace. One of the obvious downsides of running when you're hungry is how much hungrier you are after the run... I could have eaten a horse and considering I work in Clondalkin it could have been a sticky end to one of the preferred domestic pets in this part of the world!

Luckily we got back to the office before the mega munchies kicked in. The mega munchies are the munchies you get after a night a much beer and little or no food... you'll eat everything in the fridge regardless of what or how old it is.

It was during one of these attacks that I discovered how sensitive the digestive system can be... it was very, very late and I was very, very drunk. I opened the fridge door and there was nothing there... empty, except for 7 onions... "hmmm... I do like fried onions" I thought to myself, but if my brain cells were functioning properly rather than swimming in a bath of alcohol I would have finished that sentence with something like "on a burger" or "with lots of other things..." but eating 7 fried onions is a bad, bad idea. Eating 7 fried onions with a burger or lots of other things would be bad enough, but on their own is beyond a bad idea. When you're inebriated things like bad ideas rarely get in the way and I proceeded to fry up the last residents of my fridge. I'm not going to go into detail but the next few days were not pleasant, I cannot even find the words to describe how unpleasant they were but experience will be forever etched on my brain.

Happy days!

2 comments:

monica said...

that can't be true!! admitt it....you're making it all up! :-)

thanks for the good luck!

Andrew said...

All true I'm afraid... One of the many skeletons in my closet...