Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Iliotibial Band...

...is not one of the more obscure groups in my music collection but, according to my mate Marie, the cause of my recent knee injury. It's a band that runs from the hip to the knee and it's a common injury for professional runners, and I can testify that quite a few rubbish runners get it too. The solution, according to my mate Kerry, is rest for 3 days (I like that), ice (good in a G&T but we can share), and ibuprofen. This is day two of resting; I'll rest it again tomorrow and get back to training on Thursday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrew, sorry to hear about you knee injury...
I hope it will not jeopardize your season.
When is your next course and where ?
I am currently preparing the 20 km of brussels in May.
But if you are in Brussels I will run a 10 km in the Forest the week before.Interested?
Regards,
£Alain

Andrew said...

Absolutely! I'm running the Cork marathon on June 2nd, a pre-marathon Belgian 10K sounds like a great idea!