Thursday, September 18, 2008

Last run before the Dublin 1/2...

This was my last training run before the 2008 Dublin 1/2 marathon. I did pretty well to get out tonight but I can hand much of the credit to Joe. It was wet evening and the sun was beginning to slip behind the horizon, hardly ideal conditions. The plan was to run 5 miles but I wanted to run at least 6 miles as a pathetic makeup for chickening out of my Wednesday run last night. I'm can't remember what brilliant excuse I used; too dark, late, wet, long, who knows.

We were running circuits of a park that measured just under 1 mile. The park has public lighting as is perfect for evening running. We chatted for a couple of laps which turned into 6 laps before we knew it... one more and we'd break 6 miles and I'd be happy.

In all we covered 6.2 miles in 1:01:14, that a pretty relaxed pace of 9:53. Not great but let's save the best for Saturday's 1/2 marathon.

No comments: