Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wednesday's 6 miler...

...turned into a 5 miler! Another 6am start but having got to bed at 2am I knew 6 miles could be a trick too far. I had promised to be at the track at 6.20 (ish) but due to circumstances completely within my control I couldn't find first gear... an apologetic text and phone call later and I was on my way finally got there at 6.40.

After 5½ laps we had notched up 5.05 miles in 46½ minutes, that's a pretty impressive pace of 9:12!!

My new Garmin heart rate monitor arrived yesterday.... clever gadget that talks to my watch. Apparently my resting heart rate is 60 (Beats Per Minute) and my maximum is 185. What happens if I exceed 185? If I pushed a little hard this morning I could have found out... my highest rate this morning was 172! My average rate was 162 which works out as 82% of my maximum, sounds like a good place to be!

No comments: